We are a team of engineers and a marketing and product manager. We were acquired by RightScale, the leader in cloud management, and are expanding our team to help companies forecast, manage and optimise their cloud spend.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for smart engineers and designers who can get things done. You'll be core member of our team and have a significant impact on our product.
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer in Test - Lead our automation efforts
Marketing Intern (Summer 2013)
Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2013)
Inside Sales Representative - based in our London office
Senior Account Executive - based in our London office
How do I apply?
Email us at info@PlanForCloud.com with your CV. Feel free to include links to your LinkedIn, GitHub and any project websites.
a bit more about us...
What do we do?
Cloud computing is fundamentally changing the way that companies buy, setup, manage and automate their IT infrastructure. PlanForCloud helps companies forecast, manage and optimise their cloud spend.
RightScale cloud management enables organisations to easily deploy and manage business-critical applications across public, private, and hybrid clouds. RightScale provides efficient configuration, monitoring, automation, and governance of cloud computing infrastructure and applications. Since 2006, millions of servers have been launched with the RightScale solution by leading enterprises including the Associated Press, CBS Interactive, Intercontinental Hotels Group, PBS, and Zynga.
What technology do we use?
Ruby, Rails, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, Backbone.js, PostgreSQL, GitHub, Heroku, Amazon Web Services and many open-source codebases. Our simulation engine is based on Ali's PhD research.
What does it feel like to work with us?
Think Californian startup, based in Scotland.
- It's essential to feel comfortable and have fun at work, and informal environments are more fun (think bean bags).
- We are part of the bigger RightScale team, so at least once a year we all pack our bags and fly over to Santa Barbara on the beautiful coast of California for a week to catch up with everyone (and have some fun). Fully sponsored of course!
- Food is important, it gets us in one place and gets us talking, and that's when cool ideas come together. Free food and snacks are always good, so we have release-night dinners (we release often), Monday lunches and Friday pastries. What do you think we should do during the rest of the week? And what should we stock-up our fridge with?
- Work/life balance is also important, we work hard but make an effort to go to the gym, to go home on time (sure, sometimes we have releases when we stay back) and we spend the weekends as we like. The 28 paid holidays are not optional!
- We take pride in the work we do (see quotes below), and we don't skimp on equipment to get the work done so how does a MacBook Pro/Air sound?
- We want you to share in the success, so RightScale stock options are on the table too.
- "In God we trust; all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming
- "Warning! Notice is given that any person found Pilfering, Stealing, Robbing, or Committing any code without first testing will be summarily hanged." - We saw this in on one of the RightScale walls
We have over $40M of VC funding and are backed by Benchmark, Index Ventures, Tenaya Capital, DAG Ventures and Presidio Ventures.
Where are we based?
If you live in Scotland and are involved in the startup scene, you have probably heard about TechCube (checkout the video on the site). We see TechCube as the tech-centre of Scotland, it's a seven storey building in central Edinburgh that is being renovated for tech startups with loads of cool rooms planned. Just check out some of the views: